Thursday, July 22, 2010

Newest IndieShop Designer Courtney Webb

View Her Products

Hi I am Courtney Webb the designer and creator of a unique collection of jewelry and accessories.  My designs are distinctive, interesting, fresh, versatile, and wearable for women of every age and style.

Being a former architect the concept of my current collection is adaptive reuse. The fabrics I find come from anywhere from grandma’s closet to vintage stores may be a little dated as upholstery or clothes, but make original accessories when repurposed, rescaled, and reformed to simple, well-composed designs.

I studied architecture in New Orleans and loved the contrast of the weathered, colorful old city to the clean, modern concepts in the architecture studio.  This contrast always provoked thoughtful and interesting ideas and has a profound impact on my design process and aesthetic.

I am based in New York, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment